BPAA Newsletter 68 has been added to the Archives page.
Thank you for the tenants who have used the woody waste facility sensibly. Unfortunately there have also been tenants not following the rules – who have not bothered to stack the material at the back and also tenants who have brought material from outside the allotments
There will be a Community Assembly in the York House, Twickenham Sunday the 10th of December 2-5pm to discuss about What could be done to improve biodiversity in our borough. It is free but you need to register yourself beforehand in the eventbrite site:
Please note that the water from the Bushy park allotment area will be switched off as soon as frosts are forecast.
The WOODY WASTE FACILITY is now open to receive your allotment waste.
Please deposit only the materials that the Council have agreed to remove. These are: –
- Pruning material from your trees, fruit bushes and fruit canes on your allotment plot.
- Other woody plant material that you are not able to compost, sweetcorn and sunflower stalks for instance,
again only from your plot.
Please place the material at the back of the empty section and pile it up, do not dump it at the entrance. If the gate is closed, open it by swinging it to the left and deposit your material inside. Take care, the ground surface can be slippery.
The following are NOT acceptable: –
- GREEN WASTE – you should be composting this on your plot.
- OLD SHED & FENCE materials, TREATED OR COMPOSITE MATERIALS e.g., plywood.
- ANY PLASTIC, PALLETS OR METAL OBJECTS.
- ANYTHING FROM YOUR HOME or BUSINESS – this is for allotment grown materials only!
- SOIL, CONCRETE, BRICKS & SIMILAR ITEMS.
We had to clear green waste fly-tipped against the gate, if this facility is abused it will be closed permanently. When the gate is padlocked the facility is closed, dispose of your waste elsewhere.
WE ARE NOT A GENERAL WASTE MANAGEMENT FACILITY, PLEASE ACT RESPONSIBLY, OTHERWISE THIS FACILITY WILL BE CLOSED!!