Bonfires are now only permitted on the first Saturday of every month during the hours of 9am and 1pm between 1 April and 30 September. Between 1 October and 31 March, bonfires are permitted on Monday to Friday only. Bonfires can only be used under the following conditions:
- Only for burning plant matter that cannot be composted (no other materials to be burnt).
- Nuisance must not be caused to nearby tenants, residents, and road or rail users.
- Fires must not be left unattended.
- Suitable means must be at hand to control and extinguish the fire at any time.
- Fires must be extinguished before leaving site.
- Any fire must be extinguished immediately upon request of a council officer.
Any plot holder contravening these conditions will be dealt with via the termination policy.