The Council has now imposed stricter rules on bonfires and added the following to the Terms and Conditions for al sites in the Borough:
4.3 Bonfires are only permitted Monday – Friday from 1st October – 31st March under the following conditions:
- Only for burning plant matter that cannot be composted (no other materials to be burnt)
- Nuisance must not be caused to nearby tenants, residents, and road or rail users
- Fires must not be left unattended.
- Suitable means must be at hand to control and extinguish the fire at any time.
- Fires must be extinguished before leaving site.
- Any fire must be extinguished immediately upon request of a council officer.
Any plot holder contravening these conditions will be dealt with via the termination policy.