The WOODY WASTE FACILITY is now open to receive your allotment waste.
Please deposit only the materials that the Council have agreed to remove. These are: –
- Pruning material from your trees, fruit bushes and fruit canes on your allotment plot.
- Other woody plant material that you are not able to compost, sweetcorn and sunflower stalks for instance,
again only from your plot.
Please place the material at the back of the empty section and pile it up, do not dump it at the entrance. If the gate is closed, open it by swinging it to the left and deposit your material inside. Take care, the ground surface can be slippery.
The following are NOT acceptable: –
- GREEN WASTE – you should be composting this on your plot.
- OLD SHED & FENCE materials, TREATED OR COMPOSITE MATERIALS e.g., plywood.
- ANY PLASTIC, PALLETS OR METAL OBJECTS.
- ANYTHING FROM YOUR HOME or BUSINESS – this is for allotment grown materials only!
- SOIL, CONCRETE, BRICKS & SIMILAR ITEMS.
We had to clear green waste fly-tipped against the gate, if this facility is abused it will be closed permanently. When the gate is padlocked the facility is closed, dispose of your waste elsewhere.
WE ARE NOT A GENERAL WASTE MANAGEMENT FACILITY, PLEASE ACT RESPONSIBLY, OTHERWISE THIS FACILITY WILL BE CLOSED!!